Adapting Four Thirds mount lenses.
Four Thirds (FT) mount lenses cannot achieve infinity focus. Only very close focusing is possible.
FT lenses' aperture and focus (fly by wire) are controlled electronically by the FT camera body. Presetting the lens is required before mounting on a PK+MM Pentax camera body.
With the FT lens mounted on its FT camera:
- Chnage shooting mode to Manual.
- Change focus mode to Manual Focus (MF) and focus the lens to infinity.
- Change aperture value to your desired value . Values larger than f8 is recommended due to thin DoF in close distance photography.
- Press the shutter button to take a long exposure and remove lens before exposure ends.
- Your lens is now set.
1. Align mounting mark on FT lens with triangular mark (▲) on mount ring.
2. Turn the lens clockwise to mount.
3. Turn the lens anti-clockwise to separate from camera.
Mount adapters created for the Four Thirds mount can also be used. However, infinity focus is not possible.